U15 & U19 County Rec Program
The Waldorf Soccer Club provides recreational soccer teams to participate in the Southern Maryland Youth Soccer League (SMYSL). The SMYSL is administered by the Charles County Parks and Recreation Division of the Department of Public Facilities. The league is made up of U14 and older age group teams from Waldorf, La Plata, Bryans Road, Accokeek, Indian Head, and the Southern Maryland Youth Organization, that will compete (home and away) against teams from these areas.
The current birthday range for this program is:
U15 Boys or Girls (2002 to 2004 birth years)
U19 Boys or Girls (1999 to 2001 birth year)
Here are the details for the Spring 2017 U15 & U19 Rec Programs...
- The Charles County Parks and Recreation, Southern Maryland Youth Soccer League (SMYSL) manages the U14 & U19 Rec Programs.
- The Rec coaches received their team roster the weekend of March 11th. Parents and Players should be notified by the coach no later than the weekend of March 18th.
- Practices are scheduled to start as early as the week of March 13th. Practice days, times and locations will be provided by the team coach.
- Games are scheduled to begin on Saturday, April 1st with 8 to 10 games played typically on Saturday's thru the last week in October.
- Team Jerseys and Socks will be provided to the team coaches the week before the first game.
- Teams/Practices/Games will be managed by volunteer coaches.
- Bring a water bottle and size 5 soccer ball.
- Soccer cleats are highly recommended.
- Shin guards are mandatory.
- Any color t-shirt, black athletic shorts or pants are recommended for practices along with socks that cover the shin guards. Please do not wear your team jersey or team socks to practices.
"CLICK HERE" for the SMYSL Guidelines for the Spring 2017 Season
Optional- Free Friday Night Player Development Sessions @ Bryantown Sports Complex from 6:00pm to 7:30pm to begin April.
For more details on the Player Development Program: http://www.waldorfsoccer.com/RecProgram/PDP/index_E.html