From US Youth Soccer Policies: Rule 204 Proof of Age
Proof of age shall consist of a birth certificate, an Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card (DD Form 1173) issued by the uniformed services of the United States, a birth registration issued by an appropriate government agency or board of health records, a passport, an alien registration card issued by the United States Government, a certificate issued by the Immigration and Naturalization Service attesting to age, a current drivers license, an unexpired federal, state, or local government identification card (if documentation of date of birth is required), or a certification of a United States citizen born abroad issued by the appropriate government agency. Hospital, baptismal, or religious certificates will not be accepted.
MSYSA’S requirements for Proof of Age are derived from USYSA’s requirements:
For New Travel Player
- Birth Certificate
- Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card (DD Form 1173)
- Birth registration issued by an appropriate government agency or board of health
- Alien registration card issued by the United States Government
- Certificate issued by the Immigration and naturalization Service attesting to age
- Current driver’s license
- Unexpired government ID (if original proof of age was required; e.g. Motor Vehicle Agency ID)
- Certification of a US citizen born abroad issued by the appropriate government agency
For Previously Registered Travel Players
- Prior year USYSA Member Pass
- Any of the documents listed above for the New Travel Player
Whatever documentation is provided, it must be original, or a copy certified (raised seal) by the appropriate agency, most usually the Department of Vital Statistics from the state of birth.
Uncertified photocopies or Notarized photocopies of the above documents are NOT acceptable.